Saturday, March 17, 2007

Great Political Quotes

"In America any boy may become President and I suppose it's just one of the risks he takes." Adlai Stevenson
"The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep." Clinton aide George Stephanopolous
"The Internet is a gateway to get on the net." Bob Dole
"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming." Jimmy Carter
"I have orders to be awakened at any time in the case of a national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." Ronald Reagan
"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecided could go one way or another." George Bush
"I'm glad I'm not Brezhnev. Being the Russian leader in the Kremlin. You never know if someone's tape recording what you say." Richard Nixon
"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them." George Bush
"Politics is supposed be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan
"You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans." Ronald Reagan
"I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon." Ronald Reagan
"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal." Richard Nixon
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before." Dwight D. Eisenhower
"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." David Dinkins, New York City Mayor
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president." Hillary Clinton
"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." Al Capone
"You'll notice that Nancy Reagan never drinks water when Ronnie speaks." Robin Williams
"Richard Nixon is a no good, lying bastard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he'd lie just to keep his hand in." Harry S. Truman
"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago." Dan Quayle
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese." Charles de Gaulle
"Traditionally most of Australia's imports come from overseas." Keppel Enderbery
"When you say you agree to a thing in principle you mean that you have not the slightest intention of carrying it out in practice." Otto Von Bismark
"It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed." Lenin
"The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from red people." James Rado
"We expect the Salvadorean officials to work towards the extermination of human rights." Dan Quayle
"Chamberlain seemed such a nice old gentleman that I thought I would give him my autograph." Adolf Hitler
"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." Otto Von Bismark
"Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least." Robert Byrne
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
"I do not belong to any organized political party: I'm a democrat." Will Rogers
"Politics is the art of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable." John Galbraith
"A danger sign of the lapse from true skepticism in to dogmatism is an inability to respect those who disagree." Dr. Leonard George
"Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." Justice William O. Douglas
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"Where books are burned, human beings are destined to be burned too." Heinrich Heine, a German-Jewish poet
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination." Mark Twain
"Take away the right to say 'fuck' and you take away the right to say 'fuck the government.'" Lenny Bruce

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home